Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology - Dedication of Branch Campus
Lancaster, PA

After a two-year renovation project, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology dedicated its newly upgraded Branch Campus on October 17, 2013. Governor Tom Corbett (pictured above) was the keynote speaker at the event, which was attended by many current students of the College.

The 200,000 sq ft former home of Community Hospital of Lancaster, located at 1100 E. Orange St., houses dormitories and classrooms for Pennsylvania's only state-owned two-year school of technology. The current renovations were very extensive, including the removal of hazardous materials, roof replacement, renovation of corridors and other public areas, New Graphics, Business Administration and Science Labs, HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical upgrades, and many other improvements. Renovations encompassed nearly 70% of the six-floor structure. More than 100 students moved into the modernized dorms this semester, and around 150 more will do so next fall.

The updated Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology Branch Campus now houses seven fields of study: Business Administration, Graphic Communications and Printing Technology, Architectural Technology, Computer-aided Drafting Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Masonry Construction Technology and Construction Electrician.

CH&E Construction served as the General Contractor for the project.

Architect: MM Architects - Lancaster, PA