Montgomery Mansion
Lancaster, PA

CH&E has completed the restoration of the William Montgomery House, a circa 1804 Federal style mansion, now re-purposed and integrated into the Lancaster County Convention Center in downtown Lancaster, PA. Work included structural reinforcement and rebuilding, extensive millwork replicated to match existing, multiple conference and meeting rooms connected with a period-style walnut staircase, and a new 5 stop elevator.

The William Montgomery House was designed by the architect Stephen Hills, who also designed the first Pennsylvania State Capitol Building in 1803. The house was owned by William Montgomery, a prominent local attorney. The house was purchased in 1960 by the adjacent Watt & Shand department store, but has been vacant since the store closed in 1995.

Architect: Hammel Associates Architects - Lancaster, PA